Fundamental Physics Roadmap Workshop
The Fundamental Physics Roadmap Advisory Team, FPR-AT, has been assembled by ESA in order to draw a recommendation on the scientific and technological roadmap necessary to lead Europe toward the realization of future space missions in the framework of the Cosmic Vision 2015-2025 plan in the field of fundamental physics.
The FPR-AT is preparing a roadmap document based on White Papers submitted to ESA by the scientific community.
The draft roadmap document has been presented to the scientific community at a workshop organised by the FPR-AT in January 2010. These web pages host all details about the workshop:
|Update: 18 February 2010 - the presentations|
The workshop presentations are now available for download in PDF format from the workshop's programme page, which is here.
Update: 12 January 2010 - the roadmap
The draft version of the Fundamental Physics Roadmap
document is now available as a PDF. To download it click on the icon or the link under "Documentation" to the right:
|European Space Research and Technology Centre, ESTEC |
The following scientific domains will be covered at the workshop:
|First announcement issued ||27 August 2009|
|Registration opens ||29 September 2009|
|Registration closes ||18 January 2009|
|Workshop ||21-22 January 2010|
- Tests of fundamental laws and principles, e.g. equivalence principle, constancy of fundamental constants, inverse square gravitational law;
- Detection and study of gravitational waves;
- Quantum mechanics in a clean environment;
- Cold atom physics, new frequency standards, and quantum technologies;
- The fundamental physics of dark energy and dark matter;
- Space-based efforts in astroparticles: high energy cosmic particles, antimatter, etc.
Last Update: 16 Mar 2011